4 cups basmati rice, rinsed and drained well
3/4 cup butter, whole, salted
2 tablespoons garlic, minced
4 cups yellow onion, diced 1/4-inch
1 tablespoon black mustard
2 tablespoons chicken base – high quality
6 1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
1 tablespoon lemon zest, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
1-1/2 tablespoons salt
1/4 cup raisins
1 cup almonds, sliced, toasted
1 batch roasted grapes (recipe follows)
9 cups green seedless grapes, stemmed, whole
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
48-1/2 cup servings
Prepare Roasted Grapes first:
1. Toss all ingredients together in a bowl. Place on a half sheet pan – do not crowd!
2. Roast in a preheated 450 F oven for about 10 minutes or until nicely browned.
1. Place drained rice in a 4-inch 1/2 pan.
2. In a large pan heat the butter and then add the garlic, onions and black mustard seeds. Fry until onions are translucent.
3. Add chicken base, water, lemon juice, lemon zest, ginger and salt and bring to a boil.
4. Immediately after chicken base has come to a boil pour over rice and seal tightly with foil.
5. Bake in preheated 350 F convection oven for about 20 minutes.
6. When rice is done, fluff with a fork and fold in roasted grapes, raisins and almonds.